St James the Less Penicuik is a Scottish registered charity (charity registration SC011288).
The Vestry is the governing body. The Rector is the Chair, and there are 11 members, elected by the members of the congregation at the AGM, held in late November or early December. Our financial and reporting year is October to September.
The constitution can be found here.
The current membership of the Vestry is:
- Rector and Chair: The Rev’d Nick Bowry
- Rector’s Warden: David McGavin
- Peoples’ Warden: Faye Clerk
- Secretary: Charlotte Kemp
- Treasurer: Graham Smith
- Lay Representative: Gillian Little
- Ordinary Members:
- Andy Longmore
- Jill Drought
- Marion Mather
- Sue Crosfield
- Kathleen Keys
Other Officers not on the Vestry:
- PVG Officer: Nigel Johnston